Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Goals Are Relative

Gladly, I made my goal a few days ago.

I bemoan my ignorance of web analytics, search engine optimization, and search engine marketing. I had a full two weeks to go and could have really made a strong promotional push, but I don't know the works. When I ran a campaign five years ago, I had cancelled the first try for Steel Ice & Stone. 

I then pounded social media daily for three months. Daily. Multiple platforms. And, two, sometimes three postings on the blog every week. Users were directed first to the KS then to the website, then back to the KS. I was relentless. However, that goal was much larger, and for a highly experimental piece. 

I underestimated the appeal of a salient issue to sell/promote an idea/project. It's all in the marketing. 

Interestingly, four--count'em--crowd funding marketing services wrote to me offering their services to help me surpass my expectations. One even offered a $50 pledge to my project. I paid them no mind. 

Another thing I have to say, however...I came up with the design and immediately planned and launched the campaign--in a week. It took KS longer to approve the project than it did to prepare the campaign. Maybe that could be the issue. More planning next time.

No comments :

Post a Comment